Repairing Hail Damage

A hailstorm can cause serious damage to your vehicle - from dents in your car's exterior to cracks in the windshield. Hail damage isn't something you should repair yourself, as many methods shared on the Internet can cause more permanent damage to your car rather than fix it. That's why you should bring your car into J.B.A. Collision Center to have it inspected and repaired by professionals. J.B.A. Collision Center can remove hail-related damage with either conventional repairs or paintless dent repairs.

Conventional Repairs

Technicians at J.B.A. Collision Center use the following conventional methods to restore your car and hail-damaged body panels.

  • Remove and replace. The car panels can be removed, replaced, and repainted if the damage is more serious.
  • Finish glazing. For more minor damages, the paint can be sanded down slightly to fill the dented area with glaze putty. Once the putty dries, it is sanded and painted.
  • Body filler. This technique is similar to finish glazing and works well for small to medium-sized dents. After the paint is completely removed, the dent is filled with body filler, sanded, and repainted.
  • Traditional heat repair. This method can be used on older vehicles with thicker metal or newer vehicles with larger dents. Heat is applied in a circular motion to expand and restore the metal. The surface is repainted once the metal cools.

Paintless Dent Repairs

This newer alternative to the conventional repair methods eliminated the need for sanding and repainting. Paintless dent repair involves manipulating the metal from the inside out to reshape and restore damaged panels. This technique is most effective for smaller dents, but can be used to repair larger ones if the paint and metal are still intact. You might choose to go with paintless dent repairs because it usually costs less than conventional methods, is quicker to complete, and involves fewer fillers.

Need help with fixing hail damage? Contact us at J.B.A. Collision Center in Glen Burnie, Maryland, for more information.

Ask Us a Question!

* Indicates a required field